Presenting a rare and exclusive opportunity, this extraordinary home is offered to the market for the first time in 20 years. Set amongst exquisite gardens this classic original Queenslander sits on a sizeable 931m2 of land and is only minutes away from the CBD and many other Brisbane Inner City hot spots. Within the highly desirable Milton State School catchment zone and close enough to watch your children go to school from the front verandah. This property showcases all the elegant hallmarks of its era. From the moment you step through the front door you will be romanced by the soaring ceilings, stained timber flooring, central fireplace and charm of this character filled home. There are four large bedrooms, all with their own high quality bathrooms; two of the bedrooms have access to their own enclosed balconies. The front wrap around verandah is the ideal position to sit, relax and watch over Gregory Park or the beautiful gardens the home provides. The long central hallway has bedrooms to the right and the formal living and dining areas to the left which are separated by the seducing fireplace. Adjacent to the dining area is a true chef's style kitchen where meals can easily be served to the formal dining, the more informal area to the back of the home or the outdoor space on the verandah. There are endless options to cater for the family or entertain a large number of guests.
An extension to the rear of the home was completed approximately 10 years ago. It includes a living area, office with built-in desks, guest bathroom, the fourth bedroom with ensuite and WIR, all with fully ducted air conditioning. This bedroom has doors that lead to a quaint country style garden with porphyry stone edging, fruit trees, plants and herbs - all fully organic. The family living area has bi-fold doors that open to outdoor patio and grassed yard.
Only upon inspection can you truly appreciate the intricacy and feel of this home.
The list of features is long and extensive so here are just a few:-
- Beautiful character features including stained timber flooring, soaring ornate ceilings
- Fireplaces in the lounge and dining room with working chimneys (one with a tapped line for a gas fire)
- Real cook's style kitchen with sold granite bench top as well as a stainless steel bench to the washing up area. ILVIE dual electric oven with gas cook top, electric oven and rotisserie, AEG dishwasher, large pantry cupboard, loads of drawers and storage space. Even an accessible herb garden through the open out lava glass windows.
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans to all bedrooms, ducted air-con to the rear extension
- Cabled internet and wi fi throughout
- 4 bedrooms all with magnificent ensuites, front 3 bedrooms have extra thick walls for privacy and noise.
- 2 living areas and many outdoor living spaces
- Electric gates on the driveway to the double carport in the back yard
- Gas & Electric hot water systems
- 2 x 3000ltr rain water tanks
- Roof mounted 2 kW Solar electricity system
- Close to schools, shops and public transport in the form of two bus services, train and CityCat ferry
- A 45 minute walk to the CBD along the riverside walkway / bikeway